Bellaire Building and Standards Commission to meet Feb. 27
The Bellaire Building and Standards Commission will meet at 6 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 27.
According to the published agenda, the following new business is scheduled for discussion:
1. Approval or correction of the minutes 1. Workshop of Jan. 23.
2. Report from building official 1. Complaint #2012-01-Update on an order filed by the Building & Standards Commission regarding a substandard structure at 4409 Oleander, owned by Mr. Pedro Villagran. 2. Complaint #2012-02-Update on an order filed by the Building & Standards Commission regarding a substandard structure at 5222 Spruce St., owned by Mr. Joe Alfred Izen Jr.
3. Reports of committees and communications 1. Communications to commission members outside of posted meetings. 2. Committee reports a. Whole House Recycling Committee 3. Reports from staff other than the building official
4. Old business 1. Discussion, consideration, and possible action regarding amendments to the city of Bellaire Code of Ordinances, Chapter 9, Buildings, Article II, Building Codes, Division 4, Demolition and Salvage of Residential Structures, including approval of the Whole House Recycling Report to be submitted to council. 2. Discussion, consideration, and possible action regarding the commission's support of the deconstruction of a house purchased by the city of Bellaire. The structure is located at 5119 Jessamine St. 3. Discussion, consideration, and possible action regarding proposed updates to the green building website and promotion of the website.
5. New business 1. The chair shall recognize any commissioner who wishes to bring new business to the attention of the commission. Consideration of new business shall be for the limited purpose of determining whether the matter is appropriate for inclusion on a future agenda of the commission or referral to staff for investigation.
6. Public hearings 1. Complaint #2013-01-Discussion, consideration, and possible action on a complaint filed by the building official regarding a substandard structure located at 4525 Verone St., owned by Mr. John Gana.
The meeting will be held in City Council Chambers, 7008 South Rice Ave.
Members of the Building and Standards Commission are Mayor Philip L. Nauert, Mayor Pro Tem Mandy B. Nathan, Andrew S. Friedberg, City Manager Bernard M. Satterwhite, Chief Financial Officer Linda Symank and Patricia D. Lunn.
For more information, visit www.ci.bellaire.tx.us.
Local Advertising by PaperG